Monday, March 03, 2008

Another update

I am very excited to be updating again so soon! We put our house back on the market last Wednesday and had our first showing Thursday. Friday night we had a great offer and had accepted. We signed the paperwork Saturday morning and then headed off to SA to look for a house. We were very lucky that my cousin Amanda was available to help us (she's our realtor). We drove that morning and met her and started to look. We saw a few houses that were existing and then headed to the builder in that neighborhood. We found our perfect house in the builder's inventory. It was everything we were looking for, even the gas cooktop we really wanted and it's hard to find in SA. We ended up writing a contract that afternoon. So after a very busy day, we had a contract on a new house. Our kids were great during all the in and out of the car and exhaustion of no naps. We were glad to see our hotel that evening and everyone slept great.

Keep us in your thoughts & prayers as we have a 7 day option period to get through on our house, the inspection is scheduled for tomorrow and we're not expecting anything major to pop up but please pray it goes well and that we're on our way to a closing. The closing date is set for March 21st and we have until the 31st to close on our new house, so we have a little room for problems.

Now onto the not so great part, my mom's dad is in the hospital so I'll be heading to Dallas on Wednesday to be able to see him. He's not doing great, but I am so thankful at this time that I have a great relationship with both of my grandparents so though I am so sad at the thought that's he's not doing well, but I'm thankful that I get to see them often. I want to go now since after this week things will probably get pretty crazy with the houses.

Here are a few pictures of our new house! Here is the outside...it's very high on a hill. I know stating the obvious!



Micah enjoying the new stairs!

Here's part of the kitchen and the breakfast nook is on the far left, with a desk in it. I'm excited to have an official place to pay bills.


Here is the other half of the kitchen, we are so excited about the gas cooktop! The fridge would be on the left of this picture and the pantry is in the corner of the room also out of the picture to the left.



Here is the view from the front porch down the road! I think this is why it's called the hill country. It's a far cry from Houston!



That's all the pictures for now, I'll be updating as new things happen.

2 comments:

Casey Garrison said...

What? No picture of my room? I can't wait to come visit!

Tanya said...

What neighborhood are you moving to? And, that is amazing that you sold your house and found one so quickly! It must be God's plan!