Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Still alive!

I'm just now getting time to post an update to my previous blog. I came home from the hospital on Valentine's Day and am feeling so much better. I don't think there is ever a good time to be hospitalized and have an organ removed but if there is, this was great timing. My sister was here to step in with my kids and watch them and my in-laws were already planning to visit. I am so thankful to our entire family for stepping in and taking care of my family & my home while I was gone and when I got home. I'm sure it wasn't the relaxing visit anyone had planned for but I am grateful everyone could come and take care of everything. After Zac's parents left on Saturday, my Mom came until Wednesday and then my Dad surprised me and drove down for a few more days. I wasn't on my own until this past Monday! I am feeling good now, and even got clearance from my surgeon to return to work this week! It's amazing to me how quickly I've recovered, lucky for me Emmie is small so I haven't had a hard time picking her up, I only have pain when I stretch too much or try to get up from the floor while holding her. I'm gaining strength each day and I'll be completely normal soon.
Emerson is finally crawling, although she is using her skills to annoy Micah. Yesterday she crawled over to where he was playing, pulled up and proceeded to knock every car to the ground. Micah was so mad and just kept asking me to take her away! I felt bad for him but tried to explain it's just part of being a big brother. He kind of looked at me as if to say he didn't want to be a big brother anymore. She's also trying to cut her top two teeth, she's cranky and drooling a lot. Hopefully the teeth will come through soon and she'll be back to her happy self!
Here are a few pictures of the kids from this past week!




Emerson tried a biter biscuit for the first time today and she was a huge fan! I had to watch her closely because she kept trying to put the whole thing in her mouth. She was a huge mess but she loved every minute of it. She is learning to like milk now, she was involuntarily weaned while I was in the hospital. Everyone tried to get her to take a bottle but Em wanted no part of it! She's stayed stubborn and now I'm feeding a lot of oatmeal with formula and teaching her to drink milk from a cup. She's staying hydrated and not losing weight so the doctor is happy. We'll see at her 9 month appointment in a few weeks if she's gaining weight. She loves solid food and I'm working on a transition to table food because she'll eat almost anything and everything I put in her mouth!

Micah decided to play in the sprinklers today, yes it was cold but he's crazy and did it anyway!


Silly Micah driving a car in the middle of the kitchen while I was cooking.

Here's Emmie helping me get dinner ready!

Our washer broke this weekend, we've been having trouble with it not spinning and it finally broke. After some research we decided to get a front loading washer. The washer is nice looking and works great, but the best part is how much of Micah's day is spent just sitting there watching the thing spin!

No comments: