Friday, March 14, 2008

A crazy few weeks--really long post with pictures

We've had a crazy past few weeks around here. I am sad to report that our buyer's financing fell through and pulled out of the contract. We're still praying that a buyer will come soon. We are renegotiating with the builder in SA to see if we can extend the closing until the end of April to give us more time to find a new buyer. We'll keep everyone updated but we're not moving yet. We are both so ready to be moved and settled into a new house so keep our family in your prayers.
I left for Dallas last Wednesday to visit with my grandpa (Pa) in the hospital and with my Mamaw. We drove up and met my Dad at the hospital so he could help me with my kids. The kids got to see both Mamaw & Pa again and I would like to think they brought a little sunshine to the hospital room. My Pa looked very good considering the all-consuming cancer they found in his body. I spent the rest of the week visiting him in the hospital and just spending time as a family with him. My kids stayed with my in-laws and enjoyed their time there also, their Granna always has fun activities for them. As an added bonus it snowed about 6 inches while they were there and Micah loved it! Matthew & Amanda visited one day so Micah got to play with Matthew and he loved it!






My brother flew in on Sunday to visit Pa, so we spent the day in Corsicana with family. It was great to see Matt even if the visit was quick. I love watching him with Emmie (we left Micah in Denton again). He's always loved babies but he's so funny with Em, he loved talking to her and carrying her around. I guess he missed Ava so Emmie could fill the void for a little bit. I'll admit, it was nice to have someone else carrying her and getting her in and out of the car! Pa went home to be with God on Monday morning, it was very sad but I am so thankful that we know exactly where he went and I know he's not in pain anymore. We had a family graveside service on Tuesday and just spent the day with family. For the most part it was a joyous occasion, and it was incredible to see just how much one person can touch his family. We all loved him in different ways but he was a great grandfather to us all and we're blessed to have had him.
We spent Wednesday at my parents' house relaxing and recuperating for the crazy week. My dad helped Micah build a fire outside with the great idea to roast marshmallows. Of course he liked the fire but wouldn't try the marshmallows. Casey brought her new dog Gracie over for a visit and she kept trying to steal the burning sticks from the fire!





Emerson took her first ride with Micah on the gator. I couldn't tell if she was having fun, but she wasn't crying! The starts and stops were so abrupt that we added a ball in front of her to act as her air bag! Micah loved driving her in it, I think it's more fun for him when he has a passenger!


We ended up having a great time in Dallas regardless of the reason we visited! Micah enjoyed spending the night and playing so much at Granna's house and I'm so thankful that she was so helpful to care for the kids at a moment's notice to allow me to spend time with my family without worrying about how my kids were doing. I know they're always having a great time with Granna & Da. Emerson spent a lot of time in the car driving back & forth and she did great. She's really a great baby, Zac & I say every day just how cute we think she is and what a great addition she is to our family.
Emerson is now 9 months old and she is learning so much! She can wave and say hi, says Dada, bubba (micah), can clap when you ask her to and can do pat-a-cake! She is almost completely on table food and is great eater, she's eaten everything I've tried. We go for her 9 month checkup later this month but I'd guess she's about 16 pounds. She's little but I think she takes after Granna & her family, she'll have a small frame...Emmie's blessed with good genes!
We got an old guitar while at my Mema's house last week. Here are my boys playing their music!



Here is the video of the kids in the gator at my parents' house. Watch Emmie closely, she might have whiplash when this is over!


Here is Micah playing his guitar...watch it until the end, it's the best part!



No comments: