Friday, February 08, 2008

Big day out-picture overload

Zac's company started an alternative work week this week which meant he was officially off work at 10:30am today. We decided to plan an outing to the auto show, but Zac realized this morning that it was over. I was wrong about being in town so we decided to go to the Aquarium instead. We picked Zac up after naptime and headed downtown, after sitting in traffic we got there and figured out where to go and what all there was to do. The Aquarium was really cool, the exhibits and tanks were so cool. Micah did great walking through and looking at the fish and animals.
The first room had a big steering wheel from an old boat, and I'm still surprised we got Micah out of there without any tears, he loved "driving".



There is a section where you can touch the sting rays. There is also a cool bubble thing you can climb up in so the sting rays can swim around your head. Zac had to get in so Micah would try it but he loved it!






Also in the sting ray room was a deep sea diver you could get your picture taken in. Emerson of course was excited to do it but it took a little convincing for Micah. Casey had to have her picture taken first and then Micah agreed.


There is a tiger exhibit at the end but the tigers were not in the cage because there was some sort of leak and they were out of the cage for a couple of hours. We decided to walk across the street and eat at the Hard Rock Cafe before we headed back to check out the tigers. The tigers were back in the exhibit when we got back over there and they were really cool. One of them was pacing around right next to the glass but I had already put my camera in the car so we didn't any pictures, but trust me they would have been cool.
We then went to ride the train. It goes underground to their shark exhibit. Micah LOVED the train, it goes fairly slow so he could see everything without getting scared. Emerson also loved it, she was sitting in Zac's lap hanging on to the seat in front her and bouncing along with the ride. The train went into a tunnel that had a shark tank all around it, the train stops in the tunnel so you can watch all the sharks swimming around you. It was so cool. The train then makes a lap around the building before it heads back to the station. Micah had so much fun and it was fun to watch him enjoying himself. It was a late night for both kids, they went to sleep as soon as we got home but they both had a blast.

We started trying to potty train Micah yesterday. I got him up from his rest time (notice I didn't say naptime, those are almost a thing of the past) and he was still dry in his diaper so I decided he should watch a movie and sit on the potty until he was successful. Well he did it, but it took a few minutes shy of an hour! He was so excited and even did it again later last night all on his own. We didn't get to work on it today but I'm hopeful he's starting to get it. We're not pressuring yet, but I'm sick of changing his diaper! Emmie cracks me up though because she wanted to sit next to him while on his potty! Everytime I tried to move her and play with her she just cried until I put her back down next to Micah!
And the last story of the day...I was sad because I thought it was time to retire her swing. Not because she was too big but because she always seems annoyed when I put her in it. Then I decided to turn it the other way. She LOVED it, it looked like she was on a ride at an amusement park! I think we'll leave it out a little while longer, and yes she was strapped in and supervised!
If you made it this far, thanks and I hope you enjoyed the massive amount of pictures!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Cute pics! You've been tagged, visit my blog for details!