Thursday, February 14, 2008

Missing in Action

Some of you might have been wondering why I haven't updated this week...well I've been in the hospital since Sunday! I have had a few episodes of pain over the past few months but last Saturday the pains came and wouldn't go away. After 2 trips to the ER I was admitted to the hospital to have my gall bladder out due to gall stones. It's usually an outpatient procedure but the pain I was having needed to be controlled via IV. During all the tests they do here, the doctor's figured out that my white blood cell count and my liver enzyme levels were way too high! The results of the blood tests told the doctors that I had an infection in my gall bladder and a few of the stones had left the gall bladder and were in the duct that should drain the liver. Without going into too much detail, I had to have a procedure called ERCP to clear the stone on Tuesday. While in there clearing the stone they realized that the infection was quite bad and had prepared me that the gall bladder might not be able to be done laparoscpoically because it might be too big to get out. Wednesday I had the surgery to remove the gall bladder which went great and I didn't have to be opened up, which I am so thankful for as the recovery is much faster with laparoscopic only.
Today is Thursday and I finally got to eat (nothing since Sunday), it was wonderful hospital food! I am praying they'll let me go home this afternoon, I miss my kids terribly.
Well I'm going to nap now, but wanted to let everyone know what was going on, as I can't call everyone this seemed easiest.

Please ignore and forgive any spelling or gramatical errors in this as I am sleepy and a little drugged!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you recover and get to go home soon!

Casey Garrison said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you managed to update your blog while in the hospital! This last weekend was certainly a "vacation" that you and I will not soon forget, but I still had a great time with you and your family. Don't worry...I'm not scared to come back. :) Love you.

Perez Family said...

Hey! Hope you are feeling lots better ! We'll be in Houston at some point the week of March 1-8 so I'll call you when we're there! Take care!!

The Vandy's said...

wow!! hope you have a fast recovery!

Anonymous said...

Whit, long time I know, and so sorry. I do hope that you are feeling better. By now you better be out of the hospital! --Crystal