Saturday, January 05, 2008

Playdates

I was so lucky while we were home to get to visit with my college roommates, Rosey & Kristin and their kids. They both brought their 2 kids to my parents' house to play and have lunch. Between the 3 of us we had 6 kids and Kris has one on the way. The kids that were old enough to play were all 5 boys and I was amazed at how well they played together. I don't think we had to breakup any fights while they played. The boys spent most of their time in my parents backyard driving the John Deere gator and playing the leaves. The gator was a big hit with the older boys and it was great for Micah because he hadn't really driven it but after Elijah & Logan did he decided he was big enough to drive it too! It was such a fun time to sit and catch up with good friends and let the kids play. I am so thankful for friends that I don't get to see enough but I've been friends with long enough that we just catch right back up! As I get older I realize with kids and a husband just how hard it is to find good friends and it's nice to get to visit with them.

Elijah driving, Ian riding shotgun and brave Logan in the back holding on for his life! The kids playing in the leaves, but cute little Isaac got lost in Logan's excitement to throw the leaves.

We had a very exciting afternoon also. My Aunt Jeanie, Uncle Billy, cousin Melissa and her little Avery came to play too! Avery is 2 weeks older than Micah and is just the cutest little thing I've ever seen. She cracked me up by putting her hand up to her mouth and saying "Oh my goodness"! It was so funny and sounded just like Melissa. Avery wasn't too sure about the Gator but loved playing in the leaves and the kids quickly got the adults involved! It was so great to see Melissa & Avery as we hadn't seen them since last summer when the kids were only a little over 1 year old and couldn't really talk yet and definitely didn't play together! My sister was the wonderful photographer and did a great job capturing the fun everyone had!

Micah getting ready to cover Avery with leaves!
Uncle Billy sharing in the fun.

My favorite picture of Micah!

As you can see, they got really good a throwing the leaves. They actually got leaves in G.G.'s shirt! Aunt Jeanie holding baby Ava doing what she does best...sleeping!

1 comment:

Perez Family said...

The pics are so cute! Poor Emmie missed out on all the fun and pics, love that girl! She's just so cute! I am so grateful like you that the three of us have stayed close and can reconnect at ease!