Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Not much change-38 weeks 1 day

Well we just got back from the doctor and not much has changed around here! I'm still 1 cm dilated but my cervix is 50% effaced now. I'm still having Braxton Hicks contractions but they apparently aren't helping the dilation process. The doctor said he'd be surprised if I went before my appointment next week. He said he won't consider an induction yet, he said my cervix isn't ready but that he'll consider it next week. Part of me would go for an induction, the fat part, but the other part wants her to come when she's ready and I'm hopeful to have a fairly easy/fast labor like I did with Micah.
That's all to report for now, we'll update if anything changes. My sister will get here after work on Friday and stay through the holiday weekend and then hopefully my mom will come and stay until she gets here so it really will be easiest for us & Micah if she can wait until someone gets here to keep Micah during labor!

No comments: