Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Great summer

We're still around! We've been so busy enjoying our summer and our new city that I find it hard to find time to blog. We've now lived here 3 months and it's hard to remember (I don't try too hard) living in Houston. We loved our friends and neighbors in Houston I just didn't feel like it was home. On the other hand...our house here feels like home to me, a disorganized home but a home none the less! I have so enjoyed moving to a new city where I already knew someone. It's been great to see Rosey so much and she's graciously shared her friends with me so the kids & I have people to do things with and play with. I signed up for MOPS with her at a church right by my house for the fall and I'm so excited to meet girls on this side of town and kids for my kids to play with. Micah is also starting swim lessons this fall, he'll go once a week until Christmas. He already LOVES the water but I'm hoping he'll enjoy an activity without Emmie where he'll learn skills that are important.

Our friends, Emily, Andrew & Stephen were here this weekend and it was so fun. They are great friends and definitely what I miss most about Houston, it's great to have a friend close that you can drop in on if you feel like it! We met at Sea World on Friday and spent the day watching shows, eating, playing at the waterpark and exploring Sea World. On Saturday we met for lunch and then spent the day just hanging out at our house playing and talking. The kids have a great time playing together and they're so funny to watch. The guys put my new patio furniture together for me so it's ready for my Dad & Zac to build my new deck for my birthday. Since I have no ability to invision what Zac is planning he's made me a drawing of the deck...here it is. It's kind of an early sketch, he's added grass and stuff now but you get the idea.




We spent Sunday at the Riverwalk, we had lunch and rode the river boats which were hot but very fun!


We had a great weekend with our friends and now a few pictures of the kids.



2 comments:

The Vandy's said...

well, i want zac to build me a deck whenever i get into a house! that looks awesome!!!! :)

Casey Garrison said...

I love the "Micah-isms".....a great addition to the blog!