Decorating skills
I have finally taken pictures of the kids' rooms painted. As I post these pictures I wish I knew an interior decorator that could take everything I have and make it look awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love their rooms and actually think I'm quite good at picking colors it's just that beyond that I feel lost. Their rooms are painted and have their names on the walls but I still need more decorations and am at a loss for what I should get.
Here is Micah's room, it should have 3 airplanes hanging from the ceiling and no paint bucket but Zac's been really busy and I haven't had him carry the paint out or put up the planes.
And now for Emmie's...they both need curtains but the short wide windows are stumping me as my normal window treatment for kids is a roman shade and it won't work quite right in these rooms. Any suggestions? Em's is even harder since she has bedding I made and of course they don't sell the fabric anymore so I've decided to do nothing so far.
Now onto more pictures and questions...is this normal? Here is Emmie helping me cook on Sunday, she is eating a tomato like an apple! So I ask all the other parents out there does your one year old steal tomatoes off the cutting board and eat them? She will eat almost anything and everything, I only pray she stays this way as she gets older!
And last, pictures of the game the kids were playing this morning...I told them they needed to find a new activity but they didn't listen. If you watch the video closely you can hear Emmie do her impression of a cat which I think is pretty cute! Emerson is my climber, I constantly find myself telling Micah not to do something because Em will try it. Well, they love to stand on two breakfast trays we have and since it's not too far to fall I allow it for Emmie's pleasure! Look how confident she feels, she's waving at me!
And now the video...
And last but not least a random thing. Does anyone shop at Restoration Hardware? I got a card in the mail that gives you 10% off anything at the store until 9/30/08, the catch you ask? Nothing, the card is even reusable until that date...you keep it to use on anything you buy. I kept thinking I would use it but I haven't so I thought if someone else shopped there I would send it to them and they could use it. Any takers?





5 comments:
The kids rooms look great. I feel the same way about my boys room...names on the wall, dresser, beds.....what else do I do with it? I wish it looked cute but I have no idea.
The rooms are so cute! We are planning to come down in November so we'll let you know and definitely we want to see you guys!
Hey there! Is the RH coupon for in-store only or can it be used online? If it can be used online, I'll take it. We need some new bedding since we've upgraded to the king. Thanks for putting the coupon out there!!
I love the rooms, they are so cute.....Emmie's is my fav but that is to be expected.....lol... Also Stephen eats tomatos like apples....If i get a salad he steals them from me. I have started to order them on the side just for him but he will not eat them. I guess there is something to the whole it was mommy's thing.....
love the rooms! what about a little shelf on the wall with some old timey trucks? or one or two on his dresser, then a painting of one for the wall? i think that would go with his bedding...i'm not a decorater either, so who knows? i think i've seen stuff similar to that at target and michaels/hobby lobby...
Post a Comment