Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Last update!

This will be the last update of the past few weeks. Micah got injured on our vacation and had to make his first trip to the ER. We were laying down in bed during nap time and somehow he managed to fall and hit his head on the headboard of the bed. It was a horrible hollow sound and I immediately grabbed him and put his head on my shoulder and left the room as it was dark because we had the hurricane shutters shut. I got halfway down the stairs toward Zac and told him I thought he'd broken his nose. Well once I got all the way down the stairs and got a look at him we realized that he'd only hit his head but had a pretty severe cut on his head and a large knot. Micah & I were both bloody and Zac & I quickly decided we needed to take him to the ER to get checked out since this was Monday and we couldn't see our doctor until a week later. Off we went to UTMB's ER, they were wonderful there. They have a children's ER so we were seen quickly. The doctor decided to use dermabond, a medical super glue of sorts, to close the wound. Holding Micah down for them to clean the wound and glue took 4 of us but it worked and the cut got clean and closed. He wasn't too happy but he enjoyed the popsicle they gave him when it was time to go home. He's fine now and was then after he stopped crying, kids are amazingly resilient. Here are the pictures...warning they are bloody and gross. In the ER waiting room.


Snack of crackers while waiting...
Quick picture with Mom while we're waiting.
Bloody view before the cleaning and glue








1 comment:

Perez Family said...

Wow, you've been busy! Poor Micah, he hit his head hard! Oh the joys of having to hold your children down for medical professionals, I hate it. It took 3 of us to hold Elijah down a couple weeks ago for his 4 yr. old shots.