Tuesday, March 03, 2009

More sickness

A few weeks ago I was thinking how blessed we've been that everyone stayed healthy for the most part and then it hit. It started about 2 weeks ago with Micah's runny nose and cough. I took him to the doctor and he had a double ear infection, great that's easily fixed! Next, Emmie started coughing, I took her in and while nothing was wrong other than a cold they gave us a cough/decongestant to help the cough so she could sleep. It was working well and I thought she was on her back to healthy. On Saturday Zac woke up complaining of ear pain, he thought he'd damaged his ear drum somehow so off he went to the Urgent Care. He also had an ear infection and should be healed soon from antibiotics. Micah woke us up early Saturday morning vomiting and unable to keep anything down. He was getting sick from medicine and water! I took him to the Urgent Care praying it wasn't the flu. Luckily, I guess, he just had a stomach bug and they gave him Zofran to stop the nausea and vomiting. It worked and after 24 hours or so he was back to eating & drinking. Now here were on the following Tuesday and I had to take Em today due to the severe cough and runny nose that has reoccurred. The final verdict for Em was an ear infection and allergies! This is crazy, 3 ear infections in less than 2 weeks in 3 different people? They're aren't contagious but this is weird. Thankfully other than a few days of allergies I've remained healthy to take care of the sickies! I'm just ready for it to be over and everyone back to their happy and healthy selves.

We recently enrolled Micah in preschool for the fall. Zac took one for the team and got up really early to stand in line and get Micah a spot, unfortunately, getting there at 5 am still only yielded the wait list. This is crazy, people are insane about getting into preschools. Since we were wait-listed at our preferred school I researched it further and found one really close to our house and toured it. We loved it and signed him up, the best part is it only took us 4 minutes to get there! He'll start in the fall and go Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9-12am. He's excited but it is still so far away...it's crazy to do it now.
Here are a few pictures, unfortunately they're only of Emmie. Emmie's hair is finally starting to grow! She still doesn't have a lot, but in the bathtub you can make it stick up so it's there.
Micah hasn't wanted to have his picture taken lately. Emmie is feeding her baby with the bottles that Aunt Casey sent her, they're the cool ones that make the liquid look likes it going away as the baby "drinks" it. She loves them! And last, she's licking the beater from my mixer after making cookies, she's a girl after my own heart, who doesn't love raw cookie batter?



1 comment:

The Vandy's said...

aww...emmie's hair is getting so long!! :)