Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Our tall kid!

Micah & I went to the doctor today for my 34 week checkup. While we were there the doctor had to leave for a little while to deliver a baby. Since we had time to kill the nurse & I decided to weigh Micah & check his height. He now weighs 26.8 pounds and is a whopping 36 1/4" tall! I even took his shoes off and we measured him twice so I'm sure it's right. I'm amazed at how tall he is. This is the first time we've measured him standing up using anything other than a tape measure so this is probably the first accurate measurement since before he could move around. The peditrician's office always marks the location of his head and feet on the exam table and just measures that. It's not accurate but gets them close. Anyway, all that to say our little baby is over 3 feet tall now!
It is amazing to Zac & I that Micah will be 2 in one week! It's crazy has fast it's gone by and how big him seems now. We're excitedly awaiting Emerson's arrival and are very hopeful at Micah's acceptance of her into the family. He likes visiting the doctor with me, tonight he told Zac he heard Emmie's beat (hearbeat). Everything with Emmie & me is great. I've gained a total of 17 pounds now and will return to the ob in 2 weeks at 36 weeks for an ultrasound to check her weight and size. We're getting close now so please be praying with us for a good end to this pregnancy and a great delivery.

No comments: