Tuesday, June 02, 2009

The beginning of summer!

Once again I must report that I have another sick kid. Micah had to go back to the doctor this week due to a terrible cough and runny nose. I took him in only to find out he has another ear infection, I'm praying the medicine will work quickly and he'll be back to himself soon.
Micah got a few toys for his birthday that are teaching him to write his letters. Before his birthday he couldn't even write his name but now he's great. The kids love drawing with markers and crayons. They spend a lot of time each day coloring and writing, it's been really nice as I can be in the kitchen getting stuff done while they're in there too. Emerson is so cute when she's drawing, she wants to be just like Micah. Here she is tracing her hand.Here is Em's cute grip on the pencil...she's probably going to be lefty. She switches but she's much better at everything with her left.
Micah wrote Emerson & Emmie, he was so proud of himself and I think he did a great job.
Emmie's newest favorite activity is "organizing" my pantry. First I move all the glass jars and then she stands on a stool and moves the cans all around. The other day she spent 45 minutes in there and I just enjoyed the peace and quiet.

I have more pictures to post from a play date this morning so hopefully I'll have time later today.

1 comment:

Casey Garrison said...

How cute! I can't believe how big she's getting...she looks so old holding that pencil. I'm impressed with his writing skills too. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!