Monday, January 26, 2009

Yeah for Micah

This is a short update mostly about Micah. Micah has been waking up in the morning with a dry diaper since a little before Christmas. I knew he was ready to start wearing just underwear at night but I needed to buy a waterproof mattress pad first. I was pretty lazy about it, but was down to one diaper last week and decided it was finally time. Micah went to bed in underwear for the first time on Thursday night. He woke up at 5am to potty the first night but has slept right through each night since with no accidents. That's right folks, 4 nights, no accidents! I guess he was ready.
Emmie is also asking to go pee-pee on the potty now and she's hit or miss on whether she goes. I'm not in any hurry as she's only 19 months but I am excited that she wants to sit and try.
We've been busy around here painting our downstairs. We were blessed that my parents came to visit during this time and my dad was great and painted the ceilings in the downstairs. It is a major undertaking which by my estimates is at least 1300 sq. ft. Without Dad, we would still be painting! Zac & I finished the project this past weekend, we painted the walls. It looks much better with white ceilings and a better color on the walls.
I need to find my camera and download pictures, hopefully I'll get that done soon and post them!

1 comment:

The Vandy's said...

yeah!! its such a great feeling to get your kids potty trained! :)