Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Great weekend

We had a great Memorial Day weekend. My sister flew in on Friday morning and stayed until Monday evening. The kids had so much fun with Aunt Casey! Emmie is cutting two new teeth and still working on 2 others, so she was very clingy to me, but I think the teeth broke last night because she was a happy little girl this morning. We had Rosey & her family over to cookout on Saturday and had a ton of fun. The kids played very well together and let the adults hang out and talk. The kids played in the water outside and had a blast and wore themselves out. It was so much fun for everyone!
With my sister here, I decided to let her help my decide on the fabric for my living room curtains. I got sucked into the sale at the fabric store and bought some fabric to make Emmie a dress. I had made Emmie a dress at Christmas and it fits her now, it could be a little longer but oh well. Here she is modeling the first dress.

And now here she is, somewhat modeling a dress I wanted to try making called a pillowcase dress. I think you're supposed to actually use a pillowcase but I didn't have any cute ones so I bought fabric and just tried to make it. I think it turned out pretty well, except that you're supposed to use ribbons to tie the top and Emmie isn't crazy about the ties at her shoulders. I think for my first attempt at it, I did pretty good. Either way, the fabric is so cute and so is the model!


And last, Micah was a little jealous of me taking pictures of Em so here he is!

No comments: